Matches are 50 minutes long, 10 minutes between matches.
Given time is the warmup time - the matches start 10 minutes after the given time (5 minutes for starts after 9pm).
A brief summary of the rules and scoring, and match timings is available. Please be sure you have read this before your next match.
Please note the venues and dates for all matches - we are using a mix of venues and nights.
Please note, all Friday fixtures are at St Mary's Leisure Centre and start at 7:20pm - late starts will be penalised as we must finish on time.
For the 9:20 and 9:30 matches, there may be a team playing that has NOT played previously that evening. In this case, friendly final sets of previous matches should finish 5 minutes early and, if necessary, the second match brought forward 5 minutes, to allow a full warmup for this team.
Any further changes to the fixtures must be arranged by the team needing the change, at least two weeks in advance, with agreement of all teams involved, and notified to the fixtures sec (Helen).
Remaining Matches (see full fixtures)
|Date||Venue||Adjudicator||Time||Competition||Team A||Team B||Reffing|
- Full Timings for triangular fixtures with 7:30 start:
- 7:30 Warm up for the first game
- 7:35 Over the net
- 7:40 Official start time
- 7:50 Forfeit the first set if team incomplete
- 8:00 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 8:30 Game ends
- 8:30 Warm up for the second game
- 8:35 Over the net
- 8:40 Official start time
- 8:50 Forfeit first set if team incomplete
- 9:00 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 9:30 Game ends
- 9:30 Warm up for the third game (no over the net)
- 9:35 Official start time
- 9:45 Forfeit first set if team incomplete
- 9:55 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 10:25 Game ends
- Full Timings for triangular fixtures with 7:20 start:
- 7:20 Warm up for the first game
- 7:25 Over the net
- 7:30 Official start time
- 7:40 Forfeit the first set if team incomplete
- 7:50 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 8:20 Game ends
- 8:20 Warm up for the second game
- 8:25 Over the net
- 8:30 Official start time
- 8:40 Forfeit first set if team incomplete
- 8:50 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 9:20 Game ends
- 9:20 Warm up for the third game (no over the net)
- 9:25 Official start time
- 9:35 Forfeit first set if team incomplete
- 9:45 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 10:15 Game ends
- Full Timings for double fixtures with 8pm start are:
- 8:00 Warm up for the first game
- 8:05 Over the net
- 8:10 Official start time
- 8:20 Forfeit the first set if team incomplete
- 8:30 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 9:00 Game ends
- 9:00 Warm up for the second game
- 9:05 Over the net
- 9:10 Official start time
- 9:20 Forfeit first set if team incomplete
- 9:30 Forfeit the game if team incomplete
- 10:00 Game ends
Rules and Scoring
- Matches are 50 minutes long (see full timings above).
- The score clock shall be used for official timings (whenever it is operating).
- The first 2 sets will be played to 21 point, 2 clear points up to a maximum of 23 points (ie 23-22 wins) and the third set will be played to a maximum of 17
- In the 2nd and 3rd sets, a team needs at least 5 points to win the set.
- Sets cannot be drawn - a deciding point must be played, as long as the set has reached at least 4-4.
- No time-outs or substitutions in the last 5 minutes of the match.
- The refereeing team shall nominate a 'man of the match' to be marked on the score sheet.
- 1 point will be awarded for each set won.
- An additional, bonus, point will be awarded to the winning team, provided that team wins 2 sets
- At the end of the season, position will be decided on points, sets difference, sets won, match points difference then match points won.
Penalties for refereeing sides arriving late
Similar to those for late teams: ie forfeit set if 10 minutes late.
If a match starts late due to the refereeing team being late, it will run for it's full 50 minutes (ie end late) but the following game will finish at its appointed time.
e.g. If the refereeing team arrive late and the first match starts at 7:50 (instead of 7:40), it will end at 8:40.
The second match will then start at 8:50 (instead of 8:40), with the team that refereed the first match forfeiting the first set, and will end at 8:30 (ie will only last 40 minutes).
The third game will proceed as normal.
For penalty purposes, ref, second ref and scorer must be there for start of the warmup.